Around The Web On TEFL: July 8
- The New York Times has a look at one job duty which seems to be eating up the time of much-needed ESL teachers out of proportion to its value: paperwork.
- I’m not quite sure where this fits into the whole official language debate, but it’s about a language other than English in the US which doesn’t often receive much attention – sign language.
- When I think about the two issues in US public schools today which are apparently the most paramount, I can’t help but wonder if there is a way to kill two birds with one stone and capitalize on that linguistic diversity.
- Check out one response to California Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger’s advice for learning English better (give up the media in your own language).
- Watch out TEFL, TRFL might be on the way to replacing you!