Around The Web On TEFL: August 2
- A Wisconsin resident wins a content which salutes bad English.
- EFL Geek is recognized as a quality educational blogger by Middle School World.
- 87% of students in Hong Kong are “good” at English (you gotta love odd quotes).
- From Today’s Trucking.com find out why US police officers are in a position to assess English language proficiency.
- Massachusetts has a three-year waiting list for ESL classes, and has not had a funding increase since 2000, despite the fact that more than 200,000 new immigrants have arrived.
- Spiked Online looks at the demand for ESL teachers in China and examines the lengths employers may go to.
- One Malaysian paper attributes poor English to a lackadaisical teaching approach rather than a lack of training or exposure to English.