Around The Web On TEFL: August 7
- One Danish group uses its own language to covertly criticize a political leader in a commercial ad, proving you never know just what trouble those non-English speakers get up to!*
- A Texas judge rules that the state’s ESL program is adequate.
- Korea Beat blog wonders if there are too many foreign words in Korea.
- American Sign Language is determined not to be a foreign language for university requirement purposes in Michigan. Still, its popularity in the US is rising – and it is the third most commonly used language.
- A teacher of Chinese students considers students dozing off after lunch and some problems with pronunciation.
*yes, I’m joking.