Around The Web On TEFL: June 9
- One ESL teacher’s memories about language in her family (it’s hard to put a one-sentence title on this one. Read it. It’s nice)
- Read about some new research starting on the various Englishes.
- A letter to the editor which I like: “don’t freak out because people may speak in a language other than English in the street.”
Find out one person’s take on the most offensive words/phrases in English – you might be surprised.
- From the Guardian Abroad, teaching English in Bogota.
- Japanese and American military people engage in some culture and language exchange, sort of.