Around The Web On TEFL: September 13
- EFL Geek is back from vacation with a great example of why NOT to rely on electronic translators or even dictionaries too much. Hint: which is correct – “My favorite color is aquamarine” or “My favorite color is sodomy”?
- Are people using English at the expense of Hindi in India?
- One take on why English language progress is slower than many would like in Taiwan.
- The Irish government is pressed to provide English lessons as it has made knowledge of English a requirement for immigrants.
- Foreign language humor is tricky, says American author Doug Lansky, who is writing for a Swedish paper.
- If you’re a US TEFLer and fly home at some point, be careful speaking a foreign language on the plane…you could freak someone out and delay the flight.