Around The Web On TEFL: September 30
- Larry Ferlazzo’s latest includes some nicely illustrated brainteasers from National Geographic. And don’t forget your submissions to Larry’s ESL Carnival – deadline today!
- Fortunately A Foreign Perspective has found a new home following Turkey’s WordPress block. If you’re having trouble accessing blocked blogs, take some advice from Cairogal (courtesy of Vagabond Blogger) on how to access blocked websites in case it happens to you!
- A new “agent” who is spreading the English language…you might be surprised who!
- Sometimes just one line illustrates the situation. Here, the author raises the question: does it make sense for American public schoolchildren to learn foreign languages at taxpayers’ expense? (Well…does it make sense for them to learn math and science? Maybe we should put them to work so they can earn their keep!)
- …and apparently, mastering a foreign language can pay off in the real world.
- One strategy for managing unruly English-learning young’ns – chanting the class rules which use a variety of tenses. Will it work?
- Check out a take on how euphemisms enrich language.
- Switzerland considers a fifth languageSwitzerland’s fifth language: will English make the cut?