Around The Web On TEFL: December 15
- Reporters Without Borders congratulates Wikipedia for not censoring its own site in order to gain official approval in China: the English-language version has just been unblocked, the Chinese version remains inaccessible for the time being.
- A lecturer in Malaysia offers an explanation for why plagiarism seems to be common in universities.
- Beszel Angolul? If so you might be interested in the new English-language theatre taking place in Budapest.
- It’s not only Gwenyth Paltrow: Cameron Diaz is having language issues too. With British English.
- See whether you are TEFL material, or if the Guardian thinks you are anyway.
- University College London has decided to refuse entry to students who haven’t studied a foreign language.
- An alternative take on the recent decision in the UK to make language study in high school optional.
- The Beijing Emergency Medical Center is recruiting volunteers who speak English and other foreign languages to work the phone lines during the Olympics.
- Government leaders in Korea express concerns about the costs and effectiveness of English villages in their country.