Daily Dose: December 5
- From the Sophia Echo…a write up of the meeting of the Association of Language Testers of Europe.
- The Chicago suburbs are in fact pretty cool, if I don’t say so myself: Naperville residents wouldn’t mind an elementary school language program (if there were time in the schedule that is).
- According to research, what you speak influences what you hear.
- A blog entry which comments on an interesting question: why does it seem that (well, sometimes) the English of any non-native speaker is subtitled in English?
- The joy of cursing is one-sided: a hilarious take on second language swearing by EFL Geek’s blog. (EDIT: In fact, this comes from A Geek In Korea. Looks like Katie is the real geek, the one who can’t read anyway.)
- Be careful doing interviews or press conferences in languages you don’t speak…in Gwyneth Paltrow’s experience (for the record, the interview in question wasn’t really done in a foreign language but it makes a funny headline)