Daily Dose: November 25
- Are you a language nazi (or a soup nazi)? There’s no excuse for bad English on message boards according to this author.
- Will US students soon be studying Chinese in middle school? Read more about monolingualism (and attempts to explain and end it) in the US.
- Last week the Daily Dose linked to the top Hinglish words…this week you get Chinglish. No noising!
- “We have a day called thanks for old people, but no big turkey”…some first impressions of Thanksgiving from a variety of perspectives.
- Find seven resume tips for ESL jobseekers.
- Why it’s important to choose a good translator, according to the International Herald Tribune (I’d add that there is also an important difference between a non-profit organization and an unprofitable organization).
- According to a survey by Rosetta Stone (a company which produces language learning products), learning a language tends to help you.